I’m a certified spray tan technician and have my certification from the NSTPA.
What is Sunless Tanning?
Sunless Tanning is a special formulated solution this is misted over the body. Over a matter of hours, it will develop into a natural looking tan.
The products that I use are Sjolie sunless and they are 100% ORGANIC AND VEGAN solutions! These products are for All skin types. Each client with have their own customizable solution that is just right for their skin type. If your skin is fair, medium or dark, there is a natural looking solution for you.
I offer light, medium, dark and competition color solutions. Along with all the tones in between. I can darken a solution with DHA (dihydroxyacetone) drops, a color additive that darkens the skin by reacting with amino acids in the skin’s surface. DHA is FDA approved and is typically derived from sugar beets and sugar cane. DHA based sunless tanning has been recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
The most important pre-tan step is to exfoliate the skin. Exfoliation should be done at least 24 hours before the session. Exfoliation will leave your skin with fresh, new skin ready for the spray. Showering and shaving is also necessary before the spray for the best absorption of the tan.
Day of Session
- No lotions, makeup or deodorant before the tan. This will create a barrier for the sunless tanning solution.
- Wear Dark loose fitting clothing. Tight clothing will rub on the skin and could affect the overall outcome of the tan.
- You can wear undergarments or a bathing suit or half nude, whichever you prefer for the spray tan.
- The spray tan itself only takes a few minutes.
After your Session
- Stay completely dry for 8 hours unless instructed otherwise.
- The skin does take time for the solution to process.
- After 8 hours you make take shower. The longer you wait to take a shower the better! I would recommend luke warm water, and there is a cosmetic bronzer that is initially sprayed on you so don’t panic when some of the color comes off in the shower. This is Normal; And pat dry when getting out.
- The tan usually lasts for a week.
- To keep the color lasting, Always use a moisturizer!!!
- I recommend using my Sjolie Face and Body Moisturizer and Extender that you can purchase from me for $22. It works great, and its best if used daily.